[SI-LIST] Re: Level Shifter

  • From: "Gary Morrell" <gmorrell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'SI LIST'" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 11:22:14 -0700

You didn't mention how many data lines you need to translate, or the
bandwidth is needed, but I've used the 74LVC2T45 from NXP when I need to
translate bi-directional I2C lines over various supply voltages.

It does have a direction control pin that you have to manage, but that may
already exist in your design, or you can create a DIR pin with one of your
uc port pins and a bit of code.

http://www.nxp.com/documents/data_sheet/74LVC_LVCH2T45.pdf

Either side can operate between 1.2 and 5.5V with bandwidth up to 420Mbps
depending on the A-side/B-side supply voltage differences.

Gary Morrell
Solidus Technologies, Inc.
Colorado Springs, CO

List technical documents are available at: