[SI-LIST] Re: Kelvin current sense resistor

  • From: DAVID CUTHBERT <telegrapher9@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Heyfitch <heyfitch@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 06:57:38 -0700

It takes current to accurately measure a 0.001 ohm resistor. Assuming 10
uV RMS noise a 1 amp source is needed to keep the noise induced error to
1%.
Better yet a 10 amp source and a 0.01 or 0.1 ohm known reference resistor is
the thing to use.

Take the specs of your measurement equipment and run an error analysis to
see if it's up to the task. A 4:1 TUR (Test Uncertainty Ratio) or better is
the target.

  Dave Cuthbert

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net