[SI-LIST] Re: Internal package aggressors/PCB routing

  • From: "Ray Anderson" <ray.anderson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "si-list" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 10:07:59 -0800

Jerry-

I can't speak how other silicon vendors provide the data, but we perform
a full package extraction on all of our package designs to generate RLC
data for nets operating below about 1GHz (for MGT nets we provide
s-parameter data). We typically generate mutual coupling data for the 4
nearest neighbors since we feel that crosstalk coupling from lines more
than 4 away from the victim contribute negligible crosstalk. The L and C
mutual coupling values are available in IBIS .pkg file format as a data
item we make available for each package type. Given that data you can
simulate or calculate crosstalk voltages.

Besides the standard IBIS .pkg file format we can also provide customers
the data in a number of other formats upon request (with > 4 neighbors
coupling if desired).

-Ray

Raymond Anderson
Senior Signal Integrity Staff Engineer