[SI-LIST] Re: Internal package aggressors/PCB routing

  • From: "QU Perry" <Perry.Qu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Ray Anderson" <ray.anderson@xxxxxxxxxx>, "si-list" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 11:26:15 -0600

Hello, Ray:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Purely relying on 3D/2.5D field
solver does not sounds practical for a complicated BGA. The challenge is
short of full packaging characterization, it's difficult to predict the
worst case scenario in terms of simultaneous switching output (driving)
and input (receiving) noise and how these noise may "crosstalk" into
other sensitive parts of the circuits such as analogue power supply for
serdes transceiver.

Regards

Perry

Perry Qu

Design & Qualification, Alcatel-Lucent Canada Inc.

600 March Road, Ottawa ON, K2K 2E6, Canada

DID: 613-7846720  Fax: 613-5993642

Email: perry.qu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx