[SI-LIST] Re: IBIS question: Test Load for Differential Clock

  • From: Bo Yu <yuuboo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 델타소년 <imsong91@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 21:27:35 -0700

Hi Song,
 Somehow the format of the email messed up. I took your coments below and
put my comments accordingly.
 ==> In case of common clock distribution system, the major value will be
clock skew betweencpu clock and others, so that the test load will be
cancelled.But I/O signal should be set the correct test load I think.In case
of source sync. clock distribution system, and if the clock and I/O signal
is same type(LVDS, LVTTL...)so that the test load effect will be cancelled.?
[Bo] Sorry, I should mention this is source synchronous system. For example,
Clock and Addr. The Flight Time is measured from Test Load for Addr. My
question is should Clock Flight Time be measured from Test Load as well? Or
we don't care since the timing relation between Clock and Addr may be fixed
by PLL.
B.T.W., Clock and Addr are using different I/O buffer, so the test load
effect will not be 100% cancelled if we DO need to measure the clock from
the Test Load.
 => How about using direct measurement in sigxp making test load in sigxp
windows.?
{Bo] You can do that but it's a separate top file. It can be used to get the
Diff Buffer Delay. How would you apply that Buffer Delay to the current
topology and incorporate it into the Results sheet? I have tens of sweep
simulations so manual calculation is not appropriate.
 And use the custom measurement for detecting the crosspoint of differential
signal.?If you can't understand it, pls send me your IBIS model and test
load structure for that differential signals.I will make the .top file for
you.Good Luck! Inmyung Song
[Bo] Could you give me an example of custom measurement for detecting the
crosspoint of diff signal? A simple screen shot would help. Mind you that
the voltage level of crosspoints would vary with different TLine length and
diferent Fast/Typ/Slow corners.
 Thanks,
 Bo

 On 10/18/05, µ¨Å¸¼Ò³â <imsong91@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]