[SI-LIST] Re: Hspice : Newbie question

  • From: Gary Pratt <professionalengineer2001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ronb@xxxxxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 13:54:26 -0700 (PDT)

Agreed.  Although, there is a great difference between mentoring a newcomer,
and a newcomer getting on the public address system of a several thousand
person company and asking how to plot a current in HSPICE.  How many times
would that behavior be tolerated before the newbie was escorted out the door?
(Or, how many times would the request need to be answered for the PA system to
become clogged with such requests.)

Furthermore, it would be derelict of duty for a mentor to deprive his/her
charge of the opportunity to learn to help themselves.   A good mentor knows
it?s often necessary to back off and let the newcomer struggle with a problem.
It seems that is exactly what Ed was trying to do.