[SI-LIST] HSPICE to print HEX question

  • From: dan hariton <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 14:20:03 -0700

Can HSPICE print the analog output of a 16-bit register in HEX ??
Need a small work example on how to instruct HSPICE to print
and convert to HEX some 16 analog 0-to-3.3v output voltages.

HSPICE SIMULATION : We simulated a ROM circuit.
The output of the 16-bit wide romword are in analog form.

Want to convert a 16-bit analog word into HEX format
in the simulation itself and print the HEX out, so that verification
is error free and easy.

Wanted output format:

time    bus
0ns    000b
1ns    000b
2ns    001a
3ns    0f01
4ns    ...etc

Used the digital_vector_file described in the section 5_62 of the HSPICE

manual Volume 1 v.1999.2.
In the first place we could not get the simulation to run at all.

We made the digital vector file as described in the sec5-62.
We got an error read/write 'xxx'

If any one has successfully ran the simulation with digital vector file
or succeeded in the conversion of the multibit
analog outputs to HEX format may kindly help us to do so.

Much appreciated.
Dan