[SI-LIST] Re: GS or GSG microprobes

  • From: "Istvan Novak" <istvan.novak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lgiacott@xxxxxxxxx>, "SI-List" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 08:25:48 -0500

Luca,

GSG probes are useful for applications where your device to be measured, or
at least its probe-connection area,  has the same GSG connection scheme.
This can happen in some co-planar traces/strips on the surface.  For regular
single-ended or differential traces and surface-mount components, I would
suggest the GS probe.

Istvan Novak
SUN Microsystems