[SI-LIST] Re: GS or GSG microprobes

  • From: "Manjusha Dawande" <manjusha_dawande@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lgiacott@xxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 15:50:42 -0500

Hi,

I would suggest you to select the pitch for GS or GSG probe carefully. The
spacing between G-S or GSG depends on the properties of the board you are
using. I have simulated this pitch using HFSS by providing all the details
ofthe board such as thickness, dielectric constant, loss tangent, conductor
thickness, Cu amount etc. This helps in accurate CPW measurement.

By the way, can anyone tell me the correct procedure for TRL calibration
techniques if I want to design on CPW using GSG probes?

Any good references on TRL? Feedback apprecited.

Thanks.
Manju >From: Luca Giacotto >Reply-To: lgiacott@xxxxxxxxx >To: SI-List
>Subject: [SI-LIST] GS or GSG microprobes >Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 09:41:45
+0100 >>>Hi all! >>I'm about to buy two microprobes (cascade ACP-40) for
characterizing >PCB-level components (microstrips, caps,...). I'm
consideringa pitch of >600 um. And I have to choose between the
ground-signal(GS) and the >ground-signal-ground (GSG) versions. >>The GSG
clearly has better electrical performances, but I doubt the >mechanical
constraints (pads planarity, vias layout) may be more >important in such
applications, thus the GS one may be more advantageous. >>As money is a
bounded ressource... I'd like to ask you for >comments/experiences before
choosing. >>Thanks in advance, >Luca >>-- >Luca Giacotto
>http://www.qsl.net/wb6tpu >>

List archives are viewable at: