[SI-LIST] Re: [Fwd: Humidity effects on Rogers R3003]

  • From: MikonCons@xxxxxxx
  • To: Raymond.Anderson@xxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 18:44:15 EST

Raymond:
There was an excellent paper on the independent and combined effects of
humidity and temperature presented at DesignCon 2004 (just a few days ago). It
is
paper 7-WA2 (Track 7, Wednesday AM, second paper). As a member of the Technical
Program Committee, I reviewed and voted the paper as one of the best at the
conference. If you personally did not attend, I'm sure one of your colleagues
did and therefore would have the CD of the proceedings.

I considered the findings important for anyone performing worst-case analyses
on high-speed PCBs as it identifies a neglected, important variable.

Proper control of the impact of these potential variables would, as a
minimum, include humidity control in the PCB manufacturing/laminating areas.

Mike

Michael L. Conn
Owner/Principal Consultant
Mikon Consulting

*** Serving Your Needs with Technical Excellence ***

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org

List archives are viewable at: