[SI-LIST] Re: Driver slew rates

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 07:41:56 +0000

Ravi,

Slew rate usually refers to the slope of the voltage (dV/dt) on
the output of a driver.  For that reason a receiver doesn't have
slew rate.

Reflections are caused by impedance discontinuities (mismatches)
in the channel.  If you have a lot of reflections and not much
loss (damping), you can get a lot of ringing (reflections bouncing
back and forth in the T-line).  But ringing can also be caused by
LC effects even if there are no T-lines lines present between the
driver and receiver.  Check if your models have lumped RLC package
models.

I hope this helps,

Arpad