[SI-LIST] Re: Direction of displacement curent

  • From: Mervin J <mervin.jacob@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Long Yang <long.0.yang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 18:34:49 +0530

Its true. But the physical meaning of this displacement current is that
a changing electric field makes a changing magnetic field. To find the
direction of the magnetic field produced by this effect we can use
right-hand rule for currents. In other case if the electric field is
decreasing in time, then the negative time derivative gives a
displacement vector that points opposite to E.

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: