[SI-LIST] Re: Direction of displacement curent

  • From: "Antonis Orphanou" <orphanou@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "aaditya.kandibanda@xxxxxxxxx" <aaditya.kandibanda@xxxxxxxxx>, "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 18:31:02 +0000

On displacement current:
If you assume that for all the copper surfaces the tangential electric field is
zero and that there is only a normal E-field component (which gives rise to the
copper surface charge density) then you could visualize the displacement
current. It is the time derivative of the E-field in that same direction.