[SI-LIST] Re: Differential Impedance of PCB Vias

  • From: "Kai Keskinen" <kalevi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <YTAO@xxxxxxxxxx>, <ihirshtal@xxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 18:21:12 -0500

Itzhak:

The 630 version of Cadence Allegro PCB SI would allow you to do this
exercise in a few hours and result in a touchstone S parameter file that you
can simulate with in the tool or in any other tool that uses them. As well,
if your PCB is done in Allegro, you could extract and turn into S parameters
any part of your PCB transmission paths to see how to optimize things. It is
very easy to use for this application but pretty pricy. I believe you can
lease the tool for periods as short as a couple weeks.

Cheers,