[SI-LIST] Re: DDR3 1600 slew rate

  • From: Hermann Ruckerbauer <hermann.ruckerbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jessica_wuluan@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 May 2012 07:45:33 +0200

Hello Jessica,

the DRAM specification is designed to allow Point to Multipoint
connections. Especially the Derating is implemented to take care of
systems with very high load. The part for slew rates higher than 1V/ns
is in the table, but was not really discussed in much detail. Targtet
was to take care of systems with many DRAMs in parallel which will have
a low slew rate.
It is not the PCB slew rate degradation, but the input load of the DRAMs
that will reduce the slew rate ...

Hermann

Our next Events:
================

"Open the Black Box of Signal Integrity"
Seminar on 07. May 2012
"Open the Black Box of Memory"
Seminar on 09/10. October 2012

Check our website or contact us for details

EKH - EyeKnowHow
Hermann Ruckerbauer
www.EyeKnowHow.de
Hermann.Ruckerbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Veilchenstrasse 1
94554 Moos
Tel.:   +49 (0)9938 / 902 083
Mobile: +49 (0)176  / 787 787 77
Fax:    +49 (0)3212 / 121 9008

schrieb jing wu:
> Hi, All :
>
>     I am confused when reading the derating table of DDR3 1600. In Jedec, the
> derating value is zero for slew rate 1v/ns. But for DDR3 1600, the data
> period is 625ps and swing level is 1.5V, so the DDR3-1600  SDRAM/Controller
> output buffer slew rate will be at least 1.5v/312.5ps=4.8v/ns. By adding the
> PCB degradation and SSN noise, the slew rate at the receiver still  should be
>  be much larger than 1v/ns. I did some simulation and turns out that the slew
> rate of DQ at receiver is about 4v/ns. Is it a typical slew rate value of
> DDR3 1600?
>

> Thanks,
> Jessica

> List forum  is accessible at: