[SI-LIST] DDR2 ODT configuration

  • From: "Zhuofan Ma" <mazhuofan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 02:27:12 +0800

Hi all,

    Recently,I was doing a SI simulation on 400MTS DDR2 signals,with 4 DIMM
slots. I notice that
memory chip vendors introduce one and two DDR2 module ODT configuration
scheme. When two
module populated, the ODT will be turned off at active module and turned on
at standby module.
But if the active module is at far side to the memory controller, should the
ODT at close standby
module also be turned on? As to 4 DIMM slots, if one module at different
position is activated,
how should other three modules ODT be configured? In my opinion, only the
farthest module ODT
should be turned on. Is that correct? Could anyone give me some
recommendation for how memory
controller configure the standby modules ODT? Btw, I've tried some different
ODT schemes, but I wonder
why the simulation results are pretty similar?
   Thanks in advance for any advice or help.

Sincerely,
Ma

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at: