[SI-LIST] Re: DDR-1 termination (short point-to-point)

  • From: "De Paepe, Kristiaan" <kristiaan.depaepe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'af@xxxxxx'" <af@xxxxxx>, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 16:15:03 +0100

Anders,
Is this DDR333?
In my experience this requires SSTL2C2 on the V2P for the datalines, strobes
& clocks; these pins are quite fast (0.7 ns ?), putting you right on the
edge with 5cm. The low impedance of the DDR drivers will probably kill
(overshoot) your V2Pro if no termination is used. You might get away with
the "reduced drive" of the DDR, if possible.
My bet is to simulate it, if you want to minimize the amount of termination
required.
Kind Regards,
Kristiaan