[SI-LIST] Re: Conducted Emissions and SMPSs help needed

  • From: "Derek Walton" <lfresearch@xxxxxxx>
  • To: npatel@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 14:24:00 -0600

Erin,

Even though this is a power supply, and the CE spec applies to the
input, dont forget that the output produces emissions too. I have come
across many situations where the output emissions can be observed at the
LISN.

If you have access to a clamp on current probe, try clamping it on the
power wires coming to the LISN, then also leaving to your EUT. It could
be your input filter is fine and the noise is not going through it.
Hence changes you make have no effect.

You could also have a resonance issue, perhaps some small resistor value
in any "tank" network would help By small I mean .1 to .8 ohms or so.

Sincerely

Derek Walton
L F Research EMC Design and Test Facility

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: