[SI-LIST] Re: Common-mode noise on LVD Drivers

  • From: MikonCons@xxxxxxx
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 14:56:13 EDT

Ravinder:
For the range of cpacitance you are quoting, I have often used local
compensation techniques to build parasitics in the signal circuit traces and
connections. There are multiple techniques to add small lumped capacitors and
to alter
the inductace of a trace. I recommend you look up papers by Dr. Henri Merkelo,
IEEE Fellow, CEO and Director of atSpeed Technologies Corporation for several
of these techniques. Some of his papers are probably online at the Univ. of
Illinois as he was the High-Speed EMC Director there for years.

Alternately, you can design your own small structures (as many microwave
designers do). Keep the dimensions small relative to your frequency range
(<1/20
wavelength). Actually, this approach may give you better matching between
"components" than using discretes (with their associated parasitics). And, if
you
are producing in volume, you will realize cost savings as well.

Have fun,

Mike

Michael L. Conn
Owner/Principal Consultant
Mikon Consulting

*** Serving Your Needs with Technical Excellence ***

List FAQ wiki page is located at:
                http://si-list.org/wiki/wiki.pl

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org