[SI-LIST] Re: Common-mode noise on LVD Drivers

  • From: steve weir <weirsp@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leeritchey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,"Ravinder.Ajmani@xxxxxxxx" <Ravinder.Ajmani@xxxxxxxx>,si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 15:22:35 -0800

Ravinder, Depending on the configuration of the driver, and at the expense
of the leading edge rate, you can use a low value X2Y cap on the driving
end with one each of the A and B terminals attached to the differential
signals, and the G1/G2 terminals both attached to logic ground.  This is
the so-called "circuit 1" configuration.  The magnetic coupling between the
A and B circuits will greatly equalize the net current launched into the
transmission lines beyond the capacitor.
Regards,

Steve.

Steve Weir
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC