[SI-LIST] Re: Common-mode noise on LVD Drivers

  • From: Raymond.Leung@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 10:24:10 +1000

I would say this is an I/O design problem because the package
behavior has not been modelled well in the output driver design
phase.  By the way, not all I/O designs are equal.  Some of them
may intrinsically have more common mode noise than others;
and faster technology does not necessarily incur more noise.
On the other hand a fast technology may even provide  more
room to tune the I/O circuit to reduce the CM noise.

Regards,
Raymond

"Lee Ritchey" <leeritchey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> on 30/03/2004 07:48:39

Please respond to leeritchey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

To:   "Ravinder.Ajmani@xxxxxxxx" <Ravinder.Ajmani@xxxxxxxx>,
      si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc:    (bcc: Raymond Leung/sdc)

Subject:  [SI-LIST] Re: Common-mode noise on LVD Drivers

Ravinder,

There are a couple of ASIC suppliers who have package design problems that
lead to common mode problems in the form of Vcc and ground bounce.  If you
have one of those, there is nothing you can do at the board level to fix
the problem.

Lee

List FAQ wiki page is located at:
                http://si-list.org/wiki/wiki.pl