[SI-LIST] Re: Choice of SI and PI tools

  • From: Inmyoung Song <imsong91@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Cole Neim <terrraxx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 09:34:53 +0900

Hi, Cole,
I experienced many tools such as powersi, siwave, ads, cadence, hyperlynx,
and etc.

I think the most important things are listed below,
1. Conversion from PCB artwork to Simulation
2. Correlation with measurement and simulation, that is dependent on your
product or your structure.
3. Delivery and run time

All tools are wonderful, but best choice rely on your environments.
And all tools are not perfect.

Good luck,

Inmyoung Song.

2010/9/11 Cole Neim <terrraxx@xxxxxxxxx>

> Hi,
> I am about to start evaluating software to help me with my PI
>  simulations at first, then doing SI. For SI, I am interest in
> measurements like insertion loss, crosstalk and delay, etc. My
> interconnects are mostly differential traces on PCB. Other team members
> might be interested at the package level (eventually).
> Also interfacing with HSpice is a key feature I am looking for. How broad
> band is the spice netlist generated (how high in frequency is it reliable?)
>
> Been reading literature from Ansoft and Sigrity (SiWave,  Speed200).
>
> I am curious to get any feedback on pluses and minuses of both tools from
> people who used them before I try them out.
>
> Your time is greatly appreciated.
>
> CN

> List technical documents are available at:
>                http://www.si-list.net