[SI-LIST] Choice of SI and PI tools

  • From: Cole Neim <terrraxx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 12:18:37 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
I am about to start evaluating software to help me with my PI
 simulations at first, then doing SI. For SI, I am interest in
measurements like insertion loss, crosstalk and delay, etc. My
interconnects are mostly differential traces on PCB. Other team members
might be interested at the package level (eventually).
Also interfacing with HSpice is a key feature I am looking for. How broad band
is the spice netlist generated (how high in frequency is it reliable?)

Been reading literature from Ansoft and Sigrity (SiWave,  Speed200).

I am curious to get any feedback on pluses and minuses of both tools from
people who used them before I try them out.

Your time is greatly appreciated.

CN

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net