[SI-LIST] Re: Beyond Rail Operation in IBIS

  • From: Robert Haller <rhaller@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Abhijit Mahajan <amahajan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 16:20:59 -0400

Abhijit,
        I am not sure if you are performing measurements or simulations.
If you are performing simulations just run the simulation far enough
out. If you are getting IBISCHK errors because of excessive currents,
once you are well outside the operating region you can limit the current
to some resonably high value like 1 amp (the part would melt first).

   If you are measuring parts and do not want to damage a part you could
extrapolate the points of the linear region after you are well pass the
knee.  I am not aware of any established methods for doing this.
bob
--
Robert J. Haller (rhaller@xxxxxxxxxx)
Principal Consultant