[SI-LIST] Re: Amplitude loss ?

  • From: rajneesh shukla <rajneeshs123@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Gwen and Wolfgang <gwmaichen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 19:01:12 +0530

Thanks a lot wolfang !!
Your explanation makes sense. I shouldn't mix up transmission line with
lumped ckt.

In your example of 20mA current driving in to cable, If I assume, total I
mA is going down through dielectric conductance so output voltage at other
end of Xmission line will be 19max50 = 0.95 Volt, which comes to insertion
loss of -0.44 db, right ?

I am sorry if i am going too much in detail but I don't wanna lose my sleep
tonight, thinking about this problem :-)

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: