[SI-LIST] Re: Amplitude loss ?

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2012 01:10:47 -0800

Follow the energy.  Achieve enlightenment.  Of the energy that a shunt
draws, how much of that energy remains available to the signal?

Steve.
On 1/6/2012 12:54 AM, rajneesh shukla wrote:
> Experts,
> As we know for perfectly matched line insertion loss is due to ohmic&
> dielctric losses and due to these losses we see loss in rise/fall time as
> well as loss in amplitude of signal.
>
> My question is what actually affects amplitude loss, is it ohmic loss or
> dielectric loss ? My understanding says, it should be ohmic loss as
> it comes in series coz dielectric one is shunt loss. If this analogy is
> correct then a channel having very low ohmic loss but significant
> dielectric loss will have only changes in rise time but minimal amplitude
> loss, right ??
>
> Rajneesh

> List technical documents are available at:
>                  http://www.si-list.net
>
> List archives are viewable at:

Steve Weir
IPBLOX, LLC
150 N. Center St. #211
Reno, NV  89501
www.ipblox.com

(775) 299-4236 Business
(866) 675-4630 Toll-free
(707) 780-1951 Fax

All contents Copyright (c)2012 IPBLOX, LLC.  All Rights Reserved.
This e-mail may contain confidential material.
If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy all records
and notify the sender.

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: