[SI-LIST] Re: Ac threshold timings

  • From: Paul Callahan <Paul.Callahan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "kalyan.krishnan02@xxxxxxxxx" <kalyan.krishnan02@xxxxxxxxx>, "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 16:31:37 +0000

Hi Arjun -

I think you and Mo Han are asking very similar questions.

I think you first need to read JDEC and your memory datasheets to understand
how to measure the slew rate. The slew rate measurements are not the 20%-80%
like I usually see in ASIC timing. JDEC measures between specific levels, and
Setup is measured a little differently than Hold.

I can't measure the waves by hand accurately, so I post-process my simulation
data.

Second, if you are lucky, then your slew rates will be on the derating charts,
then you just add the derating to your setup and hold measurements. (My
results are usually off the charts, and so I must understand how the charts are
made)

Paul Callahan
On Semiconductor