[SI-LIST] Re: 4-Port VNA calibration question

  • From: "Gary Otonari" <garyo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Virendra'" <adsurevv@xxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <istvan.novak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 11:06:28 -0700

Hi Virendra,

Yes, OR (Agilent hat ?on?) you can upgrade your analyzer to a 4-port PNA,
which allows this flexibility with software resident on the analyzer  :-)

NOTE:  I agree with Steve Weir?s comments that the dissimilar probes are not
an ideal situation, and can limit the bandwidth of the calibration.  You may
want to look for a cal substrate that can accommodate both probe pitches.
Example, if you?re using Ground-Signal style, the CS-11 can be used for SOLT
cal from 150u to 1250u?.

-- Gary

--------

Attend the  <http://www.gigatest.com/Training/CourseEventList.jsp> GTL
Signal Integrity University in Sunnyvale, CA  -  May 18 - May 26

GTL 122 - Fundamental Principles of Signal Integrity

GTL 250 - High Speed Board Design

GigaTest Labs

134 South Wolfe Road   *   Sunnyvale,  CA    *     94086

408.524.2700

www.gigatest.com <http://www.gigatest.com/>