[SI-LIST] 3D-em simulation and terminations: macromodelling

  • From: Gregory R Edlund <gedlund@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 08:44:18 -0600

Istvan,
I included two chapters on E/M modeling in my book "Timing Analysis and
Simulation for Signal Integrity Engineers."  It is more of a "how-to" book
than a strong theoretical text.  I did include an appendix with a bit of
theory, though.  You can check out a free Safari copy on Amazon - try
before you buy.

I've done quite a bit of 3D E/M modeling and correlation to hardware for
connectors, so I have a sense for what modeling techniques produce a good
match to hardware.  I apologize for the shameless self promotion, but
maybe it will help you.

Greg