[SI-LIST] Re: 3D-em simulation and terminations: macromodelling

  • From: "jian" <jian@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Istvan Nagy'" <buenos@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 14:59:18 -0800

Hi, Istvan:

S-parameter are similar to Y-parameter and Z-parameter. It contains a
complete description of the system performance of a linear system. It is
independent of excitations and terminations. Given the s-parameters with
specific terminations (or Zc), the excitations and terminations, you are
able to find the voltage and current at all the ports of a linear system in
both frequency domain and time domain.

Best regards,

------
Jian X. Zheng, Ph.D.
Zeland Software, Inc.
48834 Kato Road, 103A, Fremont, CA 94538, U.S.A.
Tel: 510-623-7162, Fax: 510-623-7135, www.zeland.com
------