[SI-LIST] Re: 3D-em simulation and terminations: macromodelling

  • From: "Istvan Nagy" <buenos@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Yuriy Shlepnev" <shlepnev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 22:08:14 -0000

hi

thanks for the comprehensive answers.
i will think about these.
the part with the z-to-s conversion was quiet clear: dividing very big
numbers with very small numbers, with noise and finite number of digits... i
read about this somewhere (i.novak: frequency domain characterisation of
power...).

i was looking for books about s-parameters, but most of what i found just
spends 2 pages on it and costs more than 100$, they spend 95% of the content
for introduction to signal integrity.
maybe i will buy the "Microwave Differential Circuit Design Using Mixed Mode
S-Parameters" (but it has a very bad review on amazon.com), or one of them
adviced by you, Yuriy...

how does the characteristic impedance of a tline coming through a touchstone
file? to produce matching when connectied terminations in the system
simulator. is there some relationship between Z11/Z12/Z21/Z22 parameters and
Z0? (at what frequency value)

istvan
cct