[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: withholding

  • From: caggra@xxxxxxx
  • To: LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx, cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx, kennadale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 14:44:11 -0400

 I believe it is all in the way it is handled by the judge.  It is perfectly
reasonable to withhold first place for several reasons and I agree with Lee on
his.   I would just be leary if I were a judge though about degrading or making
someone, particularly a newbie, feel bad or unwelcomed.  There is a proper way
to handle this situation and I think many of our judges would do so
accordingly.  There are a few that may offend or scare someone away from
showing forever though.  That is not a good thing.
Jeff