[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: withholding

  • From: PUD709@xxxxxxx
  • To: LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx, cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx, kennadale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 14:52:29 EDT

Sometimes you are doing a favor to the exhibitor by witholding a
ribbon(especially in a one dog class).  I have seen such exhibitors with  very
bad dogs
go flying out of the ring with a smile and a blue ribbon.   Heaven only knoes
who they show it to-a good bet is prospective novice puppiy  buyers or stud
service.  You'd be surprised how people who dont know any  better react.  Do
you
think they ask how many were in the class?

Giving a secon or third in a class of maybe four is better.  It lets  you
know your dog isnt that
good but on the up side that yours is better than the ones in back of  you.

I once had a class of four puppies from the same litter who were so  crippled
they could hardly get around the ring.  Of course no  ribbons.  But the sad
thing is that the owners wondered why until I talked  to them as a group.
Someone gave them a good bill of sale.
Marion Lawrence