[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: whelping areas and other dogs

  • From: Penny & Bill <Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: The List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 05:50:08 -0400

All of my dogs get along (except for one  girl) and Jeddie will be in
the living room when she whelps, as I said before.  She also knows
that our other dogs (EXCEPT Forest, the insurgent)  love her and would
not hurt her pups.  (Forest will be outside in the kennel, much to her
chagrin.)  I don't think anyone on our list would knowingly put a dam
and her pups in danger.  There is no need for Jeddie's isolation here;
I should also add that no one (people) will be allowed in the house
until the pups are 4 weeks old.  But they will have all the
advantages:  us moving in and out of the living room, TV noises, radio
noises, etc.  Strange?  NO.  We moved here to get away from it
all. . . and we did!
Penny in NY