[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: way off topic, painter's blue tape, 3M

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx, dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 18:12:23 EDT

As I wrote Sheila, it was my understanding that she painted the ceiling, let
it dry overnight, applied the blue tape, then painted the rest.   I know, from
experience, that the original paint (the ceiling) has to be completely dried
(cured), before any tape is applied.   And the original surface is not
absolutely clean and free of dust, grease, smoke, etc., the paint will remove
with
the slightest tug, even a rubbing hand.

So the first paint has to be applied on immaculate, grease free surface, had
to COMPLETELY dry (depending on humidity that can be 48 hours or more), then
the blue tape can stay on the first paint forever and it won't pul the first
paint off.

After living in way too many houses to count (actually a good getting back to
sleep manuever LOL), and learning the hard way, there is only one way to
paint, and that's the right way :-)

Stormy
In a message dated 4/20/08 2:45:18 PM, arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> The 3M website says their tape is safe to leave up for up to 14 days, even
> in direct sunlight, without doing damage.  It should not have done any damage
> being left up overnight - I'd call them and ask them to pay for repairing
> the damage.

"You may never know what results come from your action.
But if you do nothing, there will be no result."
                                           Mahatma Gandhi
Stormy Hope
www.FairhopeGSD.com

Need a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car
listings at AOL Autos.