[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: way off topic, painter's blue tape, 3M

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 14:29:48 EDT

Sheila
I use that tape all the time, with excellent results. I don't believe you
were supposed to let it sit overnite, check with 3M to be sure, but as with
most
 adhesives, the longer they sit the harder it is to remove them.
I always remove the blue tape within one hour of finish painting, sooner if
possible. Actually, I like the blue tape far better than the regular masking
tape, as it leaves no residues.

Ileana

In a message dated 4/20/2008 1:01:38 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx writes:
I took  the wall paper down in my master bath.  I hated for 8 years and no
long  had the patience to wait till we remodeled the space.

I had a hell of a time getting the paper off, but that was what it  was.
After painting the ceiling a soft shade of pink we selected, I let  it dry
overnight, and used 3M's painter's blue tape to protect the ceiling  from the
deeper
pink we chose to kill the green floor we don't like.  The  color works great,
we are happy.  But when I pulled the tape off, door  frames and granite
baseboard and the ceiling, I lost about 75% of the ceiling  where the tape was,
have major repair to do and I won't have it easy, I will  have to work at
keeping my hand steady, which the tape was supposed to take  care of so I could
just paint.

DON'T USE 3M  PAINTER'S TAPE, it is a ripp off, and I mean that in every
possible  way.
sheila

listings at AOL Autos.