[ SHOWGSD-L ] update on Rescue....

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 11:31:57 -0700 (PDT)

Wanted to update everyone on what has been happening via internet from Cape
Cod, to Colorado!
  Connie Palmer Williams was successful in liberating a dog from Tennessee,
finding transport (no small feat!) and getting him safely to her home in
Colorado! Way to go Connie! Connie is  working hard at finding the dogs who are
most critical in her area, posting them and helping to find them safe
sanctuary.
  The remaining money from the Great Gas Drive was sent along to GSRCNY for
Shandras spay and any vet bills incurred. On a sad note, Chelsea was found to
be severly heartworm infested. She was an older, outdoor dog who obvioulsy had
not had very good care; she left this world in Tami's loving arms. We give
thanks for the time she had and the love she finally knew.
  Blake is doing well in his new home with Tom, who loves him VERY much! Tom
gave us a donation for Blake and it has been put to good use with a portion
going to gas for his trip up, some to Jarnee for his time with her, some to the
origional rescue to cover his vet bills, and the remainder for vetting for two
GSDs who are trying desperatley to get "home"....one from Murray County in
Chatsworth Ga and the other in Murpheesboro Tennessee...Affectionatley named
Murray and Murphy, these two boys were slated for euthanization within hours of
being committed to. I am awaiting a hopefully HW negative reading on
Murphy...if all goes well, I will be putting him into boarding in Tennessee
until a transport can be arranged. He was to be put down by 5pm today if I did
not commit! He is a sweet sable with less than perfect ears...absolutley NO dog
aggression, neutered and will be fully vaccinated.
  Murray appears to have come from American Show lines! No back yard bred GSD
THIS boy! Anyone with litters from 05 in the Georgia area might want to take a
gander at his picture! He was crate trained and has a flawless temperment. He
is intact and will need neutering.
There is a gorgeous bi color bitch in Floyd county Georgia shelter who is due
to go down on Wednesday for certain if no one can take her; in her photo she is
in a terribly small concrete cell, sitting staring at the wall....Gotta tell
you, she pulled at my heart strings....and I believe there are also 2 puppies
at this shelter approximatley 10 weeks old.
Noble GSD Rescue pulled a one year old purebred (hard to tell if he was even a
DOG) GSD who had NO FUR AT ALL...this dog was totally naked from Sarcoptic
mange...such a horrific case...
  Again, thank you to the Administrator of  this list for allowing me to post
the needs of those who have been abandoned to an uncertain fate. Thank you to
all those who donated for Shandra and Chelsea's rescue!! Lets hope the fates
are with us and Murray and Murphy will find themselves HOME at last!!!
Dawn Restuccia