[ SHOWGSD-L ] update on Rescue....

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 17:41:38 -0700 (PDT)

     Busy week....The dogs who were slated to go to Georgia Canine Rescue  and
Rehab (the abandoned GSD in the back yard, the 10 week old pup and the  coated
pup in the kill shelter) have had changes in plans.
  Rose, the  lovely girl who was left in the back yard when her owners moved
away seems to  have vanished. When Heather contacted the "owner" of this dog to
obtain a legal  release allowing her to be placed for adoption with GCRR, she
suddenly  disappeared. Flyers have been posted and shelters contacted, but I
sadly suspect  he sold her outright. She was still intact and heaven knows what
her life will  be now.
  The 10 week old pup who was dropped at a kill shelter was  rescued by none
other than Heathers Mom, who has decided to keep this waif!  Score one for the
good guys!
  The coated pup in the kill shelter was  adopted at the 11th hour!! Kaylene
there works hard to save as many as she can!
 Cooper who was set to be euthanized last Thursday is in a vet boarding  clinic
in NC. He is waiting for transport to foster in South Carolina with  Julie.As
of today, his bill is 82$ and rising, so we need to get him out! I have
contacted AnywherePetsGo.com who is donating his transport! A HUGE thank you to
 them!
  Rocko is now at Kristis...is there is ANYONE out there who  would like to
give safe haven to this great guy, PLEASE CONTACT HER. He is 10,  great with
kids it seems and intact. He does have a suspicious mass on his  stomach, but
Connie has 150$ toward medical costs for him. Lets try and find  this guy a
soft couch to spend his last days on...please!
  Along with  Rocko is Murphy who seems to have a home with Wanda...you might
remember her as  the lady who helped pay for his board and bath and drove him
to meet his  transport? She has been miserable since he has been gone and now
would like to  offer him a forever home...
 Titus a beautiful GSD from a Georgia gassing  shelter, rescued by our group on
his last day to be in this world  has been renamed Alex and has a forever home
with Terry . Thank you to those of  you have donated to this effort . There are
many who are alive to day  because of you.
      Now for business:
In July I  received donations totaling 640$...both from check and paypal
donations.
There were 420$ in payments for boarding, pull fees, HW testing  and
vaccinations, gas for transport, and food. This leaves a total of 220$ in  July.
I will do another financial update at the end of August via this  list.
   This is a test case at this time..without a consistent  flow of money this
venture will fade away like the wild buffalo. My best  estimate is that at
least 1,000$ a month is required to make any kind of  significant difference.
   While I am deeply grateful to those of  you who sent large donations, if
everyone could find it in their heart to send  the 2$ I mentioned in the
beginning, there would be no burden on any one person  to carry the weight.
   I want to make it clear at this time that this  is NOT a rescue...we are
only trying to assist dogs labled urgent; (aka ..due to be euthanized) by
offering assistance with pull fees, vet fees, boarding and  transport; thereby
helping to close the gap in an emergency between the  shelters and the rescues.
 When they these dogs arrive at the recieving Rescue,  further funding from
the AGSRA will then be available  to provide  for their continued care.
  I  thank the moderators of this list for allowing us to continue to post
those who  society has forgotten...you are truly making a difference....one dog
at a  time!

   Dawn Restuccia

Dorothy, and no this aint Kansas