[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: ununited anconeal process and fragmented medial coronoid pr...

  • From: Zoa Rockenstein <zrockenstein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx, Arcturus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 05:48:21 -0700 (PDT)

My wonderful Serena had UAP in both elbows and a subluxated patella in one
knee, all diagnosed at around a year.  I thought it was pano until the xrays
were done.  Normally, I would agree with Kathy and put the puppy down.  This
bitch, however, was an exceptional companion.  I spent thousands doing
surgery on all 3 legs and was able to keep her in my life for 8 wonderful
years.  I do not regret one dollar of it, but I would not do it again.
I would rather spend the money campaigning and breeding a sound dog who was
also a wonderful companion.  It is all a matter of priorities, I guess.
Zoa

Dr. Zoa Rockenstein
www.riverrockshepherds.com