[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: tumors/spleen

  • From: "Cherri Pursell" <eastgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "SHOWGSD@xxxxxxx" <SHOWGSD@xxxxxxx>, chcohosh@xxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 21:23:31 -0500

I agree with Kay, hemangiosarcoma (not the skin variety) is a deadly ,
fast, silent killer :(  If this is suspected I always advise people to take
it very seriously and also advise that they enjoy time with their beloved
furkid as I cannot recall a dog saved from this cancer......by the time
symptoms are noticed with this one it is too late and usually the symptoms
are noticed when the dog is crashing.  I personally lost a 6mth old puppy
(yes I said 6 month old puppy) to this terrible cancer and when she crashed
she was gone within 12 hours, nothing could be done.  I had actually
noticed early symptoms (urine that resembled cola, bloated appearence) but
my vet couldnt figure it out, neither could two independent vets...I was
going to take her to U of Penn and she crashed and I rushed her to a local
vet......I lost her in the car...it was terrible and breaks my heart to
this day to remember.  Im sorry for being blunt, but I think it is
important when it comes to this cancer...it kills fast and owners need to
be prepared for that to prevent unneeded anguish and suffering for both
furkid and loving owner......my little baby remained as normal as she
possibly could up till the day she died...she ate, played and was always
happy to see everyone....I had her for three months of her life and I
cherish those memories.

Cherri Pursell
eastgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thom's GSDs NJ