[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: things that make you say"huh?"

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: pruett@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 08:04:19 EDT

In a message dated 4/9/2007 8:22:04 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
pruett@xxxxxxxxx writes:
One good  example - when I thanked a (specialty) judge for a puppy class
win she said  to me (and I quote) "Oh, you won by default - I liked the
2nd puppy better  but it's ears weren't up."

Bet you were glad you bathed the puppy the day before and got up in  the wee
hours of the AM, loaded the van, set up at the show, groomed, broke down  at
the show, loaded up the van...again... and spent your dollars to show to  them,
huh?  Let me close my eyes and imagine all  the dollars you'll  spend to show
to them again...hmmmm, funny...I'm not seeing anything!

One of my favorites, to me, during pictures, (from a specialty judge), "I  lik
ed your WD better than the Special but if I'd used your boy for Breed, I
would have taken points from the WB".  What am I supposed to say to  that??
Thank you????

Or more recently, overheard ringside following judging at an AB show  from
someone who fancies himself a specialty judge, "there was nothing  here".  Well
heck, is he too dumb to realize that's as much of a comment  about the
perception his ability  (or honesty?  or both?) from those  of us that kept
dogs at
home as his entry?  Maybe if folks held him in  higher regard, there would have
been "something" there! I only hope the  winners didn't hear the "nothing"
part!

I couldn't agree with you more Laurie!

Kathy
member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three  generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!

visit _Pine  Hill German Shepherd Dogs_