[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: the croup, the hindquarter, and what have you...

  • From: "Kay Reamensnyder" <bedkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Liz" <RockyLizard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 08:57:16 -0700

Peggy is Correct:

The book recommended by the AKC judging department is
CANINE TERMINOLOGY by Harold R. Spira.........
It confirms Peggy's definition of the Stifle.....

Terminology is one of the weakest aspects of Dog Standards.........
unfortunately, using the terms "upper and lower thigh" is very missleading
but, it been commonly used for a long time by the dog fancy.....

---Kay Reamensnyder and Betty Doerpinghaus
---bedkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
---VISIT OUR WEBSITE:http://home.earthlink.net/~bedkar