[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: the croup, the hindquarter, and what have you...

  • From: "Liz" <RockyLizard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 07:30:25 -0600

I'm sorry to dispute this, Peggy, but Ricardo is VERY VERY good.  I have met
him personally on more than one occasion.  My understanding from people in
my local club is that he has a doctorate in animal anatomy/physiology, but
either way he is incredibly knowledgeable and accurate.  He is quite
literally renowned world-wide for this.  I hardly think if he casually
stated errors constantly that this would be so.

The femur is the upper stifle, the tibia is the lower.

The only thing I can think of that may have caused any confusion is Ricardo
is from Argentina, and does speak English as a 2nd language.

If you'd like, I'll email him and ask him to clarify this for you.

Liz