[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: showing a long coat story

  • From: "Rebecca Little" <pbgs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bliz1998@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "The List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 13:08:27 -0400

It also depends if you read between the lines or not. The rules are VERY
clear about trimming, scissoring, and clipping on alot of breeds. Why would
it have anything to do with what kind of thinker you are? The rules are
clearly printed and assuming there are a hidden set of rules is just that to
assume. If something is not allowed the AKC has it clearly printed in the
standards for the breeds.
as·sume
      1. to take for granted or without proof; suppose; postulate; posit: to
assume that everyone wants peace.
      2. to take upon oneself; undertake: to assume an obligation.
      3. to take over the duties or responsibilities of: to assume the
office of treasurer.
      4. to take on (a particular character, quality, mode of life, etc.);
adopt: He assumed the style of an aggressive go-getter.
      5. to take on; be invested or endowed with: The situation assumed a
threatening character.
      6. to pretend to have or be; feign: to assume a humble manner.
      7. to appropriate or arrogate; seize; usurp: to assume a right to
oneself; to assume control.
      8. to take upon oneself (the debts or obligations of another).
      9. Archaic. to take into relation or association; adopt.
-verb (used without object) 10. to take something for granted; presume.
Personally I have no stance on this subject only pointing out the standard
for the breed ect. Long coat may be a fault BUT I have seen alot of really
nice dogs and bitches out there that if the coat were not a factor would
have been finished champions in no time flat! I would take a lovely coated
bitch that is correct in every way minus the coat any day over some of the
dogs I have seen out there!
Rebecca Little
Peakes Brook German Shepherds
http://sites.centralpets.com/mammals/peakesbrookgsd/index.html