  • From: culzeans1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 13:29:41 -0500

I don't keep track of where the national should or should not be, I voted for a
rotating national,  I would love a national in CA, my former home, it would be
a big drive for me from Texas but I could fly, I miss a lot of people in Ca,
would love to go see them. You could even visit having an outdoor national,
there are certainly enough places in that state where it would be completely
feasible, and of course I realize that mother nature runs her own show but, it
could be done either indoors or outside. Even the herding could be accommodated
in north,southern or central CA.  As for the cost, gas is more expensive and
the rooms will be higher in northern or southern Ca but about the same in
central Ca, I have found food about the same, but it is that way east of me as
well.
 Now, by the same token, I can't wait for the 2013 national to go see Philly
and the world show. The GSDC of America is exactly that, but the club's mission
is to promote and safe keep the health and well being of the GSD,not just
American line GSD's but all GSD's and many of our members have European lines,
besides the GSD is world renowned not just known in America.  It is our
centenial but the GSD has been around a lot longer.  I can not wait to see the
best of both worlds all lovin' the GSD.
Our national should be rotated fairly. If there are 3 or 4  areas,I am not sure
what it is, that the US is divided into for the national......that covers a lot
of space to rotate within each area and it should be done that way, no matter
how good of time you had or didn't have in one area or others. And if you can't
find a space within these large areas to accomodate all the venues, look again.
And if you can't find one within our budget, again keep looking.  And if I am
paying dues every year, i want a national entry sent to me. I don't care if i
haven't entered in 10 yrs. some of those who enter are not even due paying
members and they should get an entry and not me? No way. It is about the
membership without  a membership there is no club.
Just my 2cents
Pam

Msg: #4 in digest
From: Penny & Bill <ketchy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Score Cards
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 17:20:37 -0500

I don't know about the rest of you, but I need a score card to keep
track of all the "National Site" changes.  Can we not stick to a
plan?  My 2 cents:  I may be a former New Yorker and present North
Carolinian, but I believe that we should have a National in
California.  I don't know the percentage, but year after year, there
are loads of Californian National entries--let's be FAIR and a have a
REAL west coast National--in California.

Penny in NC

PS:  And board members--it's not about dollars and cents--it's about
THE MEMBERSHIP.

PPS:  Thanks Evan.  I love the reports!