  • From: Culzeans1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 15:48:13 EST

I am wondering about this, because I get about 3 calls a week and at least  2
emails regarding people looking for puppies. I bred Reese to Sting and  we
had 8 puppies on 8/8/08 and I am still getting calls for those pups who  I had
3
solid commitments before I bred. By the time they were 5 weeks old I had
deposits on the ones who were available. I have only done 4 litters since 1998
so I don't do many litters. I have 2 solid commitments for a puppy if I do a
litter this summer with Reese. If I get one or 2 more I will probably do the
litter.  It will be the first time I have done a litter 2 summers in a  row.  I
wonder if it is the area or what it is? I don't lower my price and  I offer
100.00 back when they spay/ neuter and the usual hip/elbow guarantee. I  don't
know what it is but I too am extremely worried about having another  litter
and like I said I won't do the litter unless I a couple more solid
commitments.
It is a tough call.
Pam

In a message dated 2/10/2009 10:33:37 A.M. Central Standard Time,
Msg: #3  in digest
Subject: Re: breeding
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 11:22:29  -0500
From: murfamx4@xxxxxxx

We haven't bred the 2 bitches we were  going to because I can't afford?and I
don't have room for 14-20 pups.? I?will  probably?skip the entire year and
maybe next.? The last time the Government  did this economic stuff it lead to
the
Great Depression.? I really don't want  a dozen or more dogs to feed if that
happens again.

? It's been 4  months or so since I have had a call looking for a puppy.? I
did have one  looking for an older puppy which I filled.

Glenn
Shaden  Shepherd

Awards.  AOL Music takes you there.
(http://music.aol.com/grammys?ncid=emlcntusmusi00000002)