  • From: Epeters93@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 16:58:02 EDT

In a message dated 7/21/2009 11:12:21 A.M. Pacific Daylight  Time,
windwych@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Please  go to this link  and see LHSH most recent success story! Miss Dixie
was 24 hrs  away  from a gas chamber! Vicki Burkey has put together this
story complete   with photos!
_http://www.saravagsd.com/DIXIERESCUE.html_
(http://www.saravagsd.com/DIXIERESCUE.html)
Great Story!! A Must to  view.

Msg:  #3 in digest
From: "John Zumwalt"  <candiasgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 13:32:33  -0600
Subject: Smelly dog

A friend of mine takes her dog swimming  almost daily.  No matter how much
she bathes the dog, she says she  smells.  Her vet told her to put cider
vinegar mixed with water as a  rinse on the dog after bathing.  Has anyone ever
heard of this or know of  anything else?

CandyZ
www.candiasgsd.com
Show puppies  available!
Here's a link to a site I've  used before - and I use Apple Cider Vinegar
for a lot of things in the house and  with the dogs.

_http://www.apple-cider-vinegar-benefits.com/pet-care.html_
(http://www.apple-cider-vinegar-benefits.com/pet-care.html)

Msg: #10 in digest
From: "Pat Lukos"  <targa50@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Rescue update and info from  LHSH...long but please r
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 16:05:39  -0400

Diane

Your points are very well taken and we are working  on "moving on" with
more
education, etc.  I have already contacted  Jamie Walker for a list of the
Signer's of the Breeder's Code, part of  which would be for them to get
involved with us if they need advice or  help.  Also, Vicki Burkey is
setting
up a Yahoo list for Signer's of  the Breeder's Code.  More on this later.

LHSH is having a  fundraiser outside of Walmart this coming Sat. (I call it
my "begging"  fundraiser-LOL) and part of what we will be doing is passing
out the AKC  coloring books to children and also information I have as an
AKC
Canine  Ambassador for the German Shepherd Dog Club of Western PA.  It is
fun
and easy and well worth it to meet the public.

Pat Lukos
Good for you Pat - I also look  forward to the 3rd annual (or is it 4th?)
Silent Auction at the Canfield  Fairgrounds the weekend / night of July 31st
at the GSDCNO specialty  show.  Our handlers,  owners, and spectators have
always been generous and I'm sure this year will be  no exception - BUT in
the mean time Pat needs donations.

**************What's for dinner tonight?  Find quick and easy dinner ideas
for any occasion.
(http://food.aol.com/dinner-tonight?ncid=emlcntusfood00000008)