  • From: caggra@xxxxxxx
  • To: culzeans1@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 16:29:16 -0400

Page 47 - Section 8 of the Rules apply to Dog Shows -??
It is a PDF on the AKC site, so I could not copy and paste.? If you go to
www.akc.org and search for "Foreign Substances" the pdf comes up, go to page 47
at the bottom.?

It states that any substance that can improve or change the dogs natural
appearance is forbidden.? It even states that substances, drugs etc that are
absolutely?essential for the dogs health and comfort?are?cause for
disqualification?IF they can improve or change the dogs appearance.?

Jeff

Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 09:23:38 -0700
From: "Kathy Tank" <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Pretty vs Correct

Michael,

the line "personally I dont' have a problem with enhanced dogs"  spoke
volumes.  I am not stupid
I know, like everyone else it goes on...because we cannot influence the AKC
to change this, we may have to
stick to our own breed, and our own awards to set an example, with luck.
Also DOUBLE HANDLING IS NOT AGAINST AKC RULES...look it up...it is up to the
judge.. The only mention is
in judges' guidelines where it it "discouraged"   NO rule against..if you
can find an AKC RULE AGAINST any doubling handling, I will buy you dinner.

 .  It is perception Michael, if you "don't have a problem" with something
that is cheating , then it gives the appearance
 , that you CONDONE it.   If you don't "endorse " it...then how can you have
no problem with , again something that is cheating, whether it is chalk,
dye, this potassium permanganate crap, tail fixing, what-have-you?
It is part of the "see no evil " , problem.
Kathy Tank

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 9:13 AM, BlackHawk Farms LLC <
blackhawkfarmsllc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Kathy Tank,
> offering a justification for it, did I? Nope. So before you jump to
> conclusions, go back, reread the post in its entirety...
>
> No, my post wasnt about problems with enhanced dogs, my post was about WHY.

------------------------------

Msg: #2 in digest
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 12:24:21 -0400
From: caggra@xxxxxxx

I was at an all breed show a?few years?ago and watched a judge excuse 2 or 3
GSDs for having hair spray on their coat.?? The judge touched the coat, smelled
his hand and threw them out of the ring.? I had a Special and was scared
sh*tless to even go in the ring!?? He almost did the same thing to me...He
touched the dogs coat, smelled his hand and said "I suppose you are going to
tell me this is how Ohio water smells huh?"?? He gave me the
 Breed, but
WOW.???Until then I really didn't know that hairspray and any subsances were
not

permitted.?? But here again, 10 feet aw
ay from the ring are vendors selling
every spray and illusion that you could possibly need and 10 feet in the other
direction you can hardly see because so much chalk, dust, and powder is being
blown into dogs and up in the air.???Crazy.
Jeff

offering a justification for it, did I? Nope. So before you jump to
conclusions, go back, reread the post in its entirety...

No, my post wasnt about problems with enhanced dogs, my post was about WHY.

Double handling is also against the akc rules, anytime there is any outside
interference,

Let me ask you,
How many lakelands have you shown and got ready for the ring? (If you did
and added anything, its against AKC rules)
How

MANNER
ALL