  • From: "BlackHawk Farms LLC" <blackhawkfarmsllc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <majapoodles@xxxxxx>, <dan-ann@xxxxxxxx>, <caggra@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 17:13:39 -0700

Actually, we were ok to spray up a poodle ringside for Mr. Bivin, he never
balked about it, he did PCA one year it was not an issue with him. When we
showed Teddi (Ch. Rembrandy Ruxpin), we sprayed her right up in the ring for
a win photo. He never said a word.  In Wheatens when my self, Maripi, my
boss Sally and Susie Kipp were spraying up our legs in the ring at the
rotating wheaten specialty in Kentucky, he threw a fit. He stopped the class
and said, "ITS BAD ENOUGH YOU HAVE IT IN, NOW YOU ARE GOING TO DO IN THE
RING? I DONT THINK SO". He walked over took all of our cans and we all
walked away like admonished kids.

Now Mildred Bryant, on the other hand, is a bit more crafty about it. We
would spray them up with 3 layers of bands (like Kaz) and then spray the
tops and then back brush it out, if you put enough in it, it stood for the
time you were in the ring. I had to think to myself, why are we doing all
this work if we are going to just have them look decent for 2 mins, and my
boss, (Mark Shanoff) said, "Becasue its pretty,and in this game it goes
further than anything..."
Personally, In poodles an mini schnauzers, "spray it until it beads up..."
is my philosphy
Mike