[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: <showgsd> SURROGATE Bitches for feeding

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: WyMarGSD2@xxxxxxx, Elsyd1@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 17:15:18 EST

In a message dated 1/8/2006 3:42:59 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
WyMarGSD2@xxxxxxx writes:
and they  are quietly still nursing
on mom too... maybe i just cant see all the milk  in her and with Catja she
just had the 12 pupies and she looked like a  darn cow so maybe i just forgot
Yani is smaller i dont know!!    but i did what my gut said..   and just
watching
over to see  whats going on.    i did check weights this afternoon and they
gained some grams and half or quarter of an ounce each  so maybe  thats the
supplementing OR Mom.   1 gram equals 0.035 of an  ounce

here is a chart to see the ounces too  its 1lb and then how  many ounces.
todays weights arent on there where we show a  gain

Dawnmarie, I say leave them alone and don't fuss w/ them/handle them  so
much.  Learn to trust your ears.  If a puppy is in distress,  hungry, needs to
be
pottied, cold (or hot!), you'll hear it.  Quiet puppies  are happy puppies.
If they are quiet and content w/ momma. leave them  alone!

I don't weigh new born puppies.  I listen.  If all is quiet and  peaceful, if
I see them nursing, if momma is content, all is well.

Kathy
three generations of Dual Titled Champions  live here!

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_